FOR THE EASTERN MASS RHYTHM FESTIVAL
The space fee is $25.
Once your application has been juried and you have been accepted,
the space fee can be paid via PayPal.
Once your application has been accepted, you have 10 days to pay the space fee.
Prospective vendors must provide:
- 4 images of the work you will be vending
- 75 word description of your work
- If offering one piece for the Festival raffle in exchange for a lower application fee
(see How to Apply elsewhere), a picture of the specific piece being offered
- A copy of the vendor’s Massachusetts Sales and Use tax permit
- Proof of vendor insurance (if needed, one-day policies are available from third-party insurance agents;
details are available upon request)
Vendors will be selected through a jury process. The jury will consist of two or more EMADC members.
Selection will be based on:
- Quality of merchandise being vended (so be sure the images you submit with your application are clear and show sufficient detail)
- The appropriateness of items for the venue.
Any prospective vendors who are not initially accepted will be placed on a wait list. If any accepted vendor should not meet the fee payment deadline or any other of the regulations set forth for vendors, the first prospective vendor from the wait list will be accepted and notified as such, after which they will be responsible for submission of payment.
All applications must be submitted by midnight on April 15, 2017.
All prospective vendors will be notified via email of their application status by May 1, 2017.
FEE PAYMENT DEADLINE
Once prospective vendors have been accepted and notified, the Application fee must be paid by May 15, 2017. Accepted vendors who have not paid by May 15, 2017 will be dropped from the accepted vendor list and another will be selected from the vendor wait list.
CHECK IN AT THE FESTIVAL
All vendors shall check in with a vendor liaison at the Welcome Booth to receive their vendor space assignment prior to setting up. Check in time is 8:00 am. (Festival begins at 10:00 am)
WHAT IS THE ASSIGNED SPACE?
All spaces are 10’ wide x 10’ deep. Each space will be assigned a site number. Site maps are general representations of where spaces will be placed. They do not create any rights to a particular booth configuration, including whether a space provides a corner. Spaces (and space fees) do not include booths, canopies, display racks, chairs, etc. Provision of a vendor’s booth or canopy, table, and chairs is the sole responsibility of each vendor. Only one space is available per vendor.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF SPACE
Each vendor (arts & crafts, commercial, non-profit, food, and sponsor) has been accepted based on the sale of specific items and/or conducting specific activities within the assigned space as provided by the pictures submitted and/or the written description included in the application. The sale of any other items or activities not included in the description is specifically prohibited. Some specific examples include:
- For the sale of an item not included in the pictures and description submitted, the most common situation is the sale of jewelry when not specifically stated in the description. For example, a woman’s clothing booth also offering jewelry.
- The distribution of product samples, food, snacks, candy, water, and/or beverage samples (including free samples) is specifically prohibited, unless you are an authorized food vendor or food sampler approved by EMADC and have obtained a permit from the environmental health department who has jurisdiction
over the event site.
- Fee or free face painting from any type of vendor space is prohibited.
This is allowed only in designated areas of the Festival space.
- Use also includes any activity contained within the space area that results in causing a gathering of people outside the space that impacts traffic flow to adjacent vendors.
PROHIBITION ON USE OF AREA BEYOND THE ASSIGNED SPACE
Any use of the space beyond the assigned area is strictly prohibited without prior authorization from EMADC. Authorization is not guaranteed. Use includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Use of shade awnings and booth extensions.
- Signage and banners.
- Display shelves, racks, tables and merchandise.
- Sounds of any type (including music, any type of speaking, yelling, barking, or otherwise attracting or contacting potential customers using sound. No amplified (megaphone, amplifier, speakers) sounds are permitted in vendor spaces.
- Smells or scents (including perfumes, scented candles, incense, food, etc...
- Vendor staff may not encroach into the public space (go beyond the authorized space) to contact fairgoers or distribute literature.
ACCESS TO WATER AND ELECTRICITY
The vendor sites have no access to water or electricity. No generators of any kind are allowed at the Festival.
There is no expectation of discrete security being provided at the event. Vendors assume all risk of loss regardless of whether security is provided or not. EMADC, EMRF and the event sponsor are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
To proceed to fill out the online application form, select the VENDOR APPLICATION from the VENDING dropdown at the top navigation menu.